The 3031 Polar Hunter is Zamberlan’s extreme cold weather hunting boot made for non-compromising performance in the most dangerous of conditions. While the Polar Hunter looks like an alpine-style boot, it is anything but. Integrated Kevlar gaiters, BOA® Fit System, and Vibram Arctic Grip technology are combined in an extremely warm, yet lightweight and extremely comfortable boot that is very hikable due to its soft midsole and famous Zamberlan fit. This boot is ideal for both outdoor and hunting activities in northern or mountainous, cold weather zones, such as caribou hunting, ice fishing, or other extreme cold weather applications.
▪ The 3031 Polar Hunter is built on the Vibram Ghiaccio outsole, which has Vibram’s latest Arctic Grip anti-slip technology incorporated across the tread. Arctic Grip technology allows the wearer to walk with confidence on wet and icy surfaces.
▪ Soft EVA cushioning in the midsole grants extended comfort to the wearer and serves to maintain the very lightweight construction of this boot.
▪ The Zamberlan Flex 4mm + PE insole grants a level of performance similar to the Outfitter (not to stiff, not too soft), while the Aluminum layer insulates and maintains heat back inside the footbed area.
▪ The Zamberlan Thermal Footbeds, from Zamberlan’s mountaineering line of products, further enhances the warmth of the boot using both an insulative layer as well as another layer of aluminum for heat retention.
▪ An internal boot is seamlessly integrated to a Kevlar gaiter through the lasting process combining outsole + boot + gaiter for perfect synchronization.
▪ The BOA® Fit System delivers micro-adjustable, precision fit engineered to perform in the toughest conditions. Zamberlan’s patented BOA implementation allows the wearer to adjust the boot's fit through the outside of the gaiter, without opening the gaiter or removing one’s gloves.
▪ Gore-Tex® Insulated Comfort membranes provide guaranteed waterproof protection and breathability for the life of the boot while adding to the thermal performance of the Polar Hunter.
▪ The Polar Hunter is lasted for comfort using Zamberlan's ZWL Wide last, allowing the wearer to add additional sock layers when needed.
▪ Our waterproof Riri zippers have been proven in Zamberlan’s mountaineering line of products. Guarding waterproof entry to the inner boot, the Riri zippers are used in Zamberlan’s most extreme boots to perform when your safety most depends on it, even when wet or frozen.
▪ The Zamberlan RRS (rubber rand system) provides extreme foot protection and prolongs the life of the boot.
▪ Soft nylon collars fit around the leg in comfort and feature King’s Camo Woodland Shadow pattern.
▪ Crampon compatible with strap-on crampons
▪ Resolable in the US.
▪ Made in Italy.
* Customers wanting to inquire with BOA about the system used on the 3031 Polar Hunter GTX RR BOA should refer to the "M3" replacement kit (model #ABM300). You can visit their replacement page here.
Watch Greg McHale, host of Greg McHale's Wild Yukon (Sportsman Channel), review the Polar Hunter for late season, cold weather hunts.