As the third generation of the Zamberlan Guide, the Guide Max is an extension of the Guide Lux by adding GORE-TEX laminated calf leather lining around the collars and entire inside of the boot for increased comfort and durability. The Zamberlan Guide Max is the ideal hiking boot for all-season backcountry use in rugged terrain where the ultimate in durability, support, and handle-anything-and-everything protection is required.
▪ Zamberlan Vibram® StarTrek II soles feature PU construction with a TPU frame and a TPU stabilizer for the utmost in support and lightweight durability. The tread is robust, easy to clean, strong for downhill braking, and extremely durable
▪ Perforated calf leather is laminated to the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membranes to give the feel and comfort of a leather-lined boot, while simultaneously extending the life of the Gore-Tex membrane. This is similar to the lining of the Zamberlan 1030 Sella NW GTX RR
▪ A workload saving forward rocker helps transfer the load on your back off of your feet and onto the boot, ideal for carrying heavy loads in steep terrain, especially when packing out
▪ A full rubber rand using an elastic rubber compound and beveled edges underneath (non-visible to prevent catching and reduce delamination), encircles the entire boot and prolongs the life while enhancing protection to the foot in rough terrain
▪ Zamberlan’s Comfort Fit last offers a more precise fit, including an anatomical heel pocket, comfortable over the foot wrapping, and a toe box with enough room to wiggle toes
▪ The Guide Max uses a relatively stiff (4.0mm backpacking class) lasting board for excellent support to the foot, which is enhanced through the StarTrek II outsole package but isn't too stiff to allow for smooth hiking and easy break-in
▪ The 2.8mm Hydrobloc® Tuscan full-grain leather uppers ensure excellent protection from elements
▪ Gore-Tex® Performance Comfort membranes offer maximum water protection and breathability and are guaranteed for the life of the boot by Gore-Tex®
▪ Handcrafted in Italy, Resolable in the U.S.